Does the ecoegg kill the Coronavirus/COVID-19?
As with most laundry detergents, the ecoegg Laundry Egg has no antiviral or disinfectant properties. The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus and it is not yet available for commercial testing.
The CDC has issued guidelines on the best cleaning and disinfection of households. They can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
In the guidelines, CDC specifically mentions the following
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
- Dirty laundry from a person who is sick can be washed with other people’s items.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to the guidance above for surfaces.
- Remove gloves, and wash hands right away.
The ecoegg Laundry Egg can be used in washes up to 140 Degrees Fahrenheit, so is suitable if your garments can be laundered at this temperature according to the washing instructions.
Buy an ecoegg Laundry Egg here
Buy ecoegg Laundry Egg Refills here